Oct 1, 2015

TEST SHOOT: SOUTHWEST STUDIO



Taking inspiration from all things southwestern and a mix of what I imagine southern California to feel like combined with a city-like aesthetic, I was incredibly excited to style my first studio shoot with Mitchell Flores and Logan McGill of Wallflower Management. My inner Texas girl can't help but love vintage western gear, flowy gaucho pants and paisley print that brings back feelings of nostalgia for visiting family out in the country as a child. I wanted to create a more modern take on the typical southwest inspired styling, so I stuck with a neutral color palette, structural pieces and with the help of Walter Fuentes, the makeup and hair for these looks captures what I consider to be 'living on the fringes' of the city. Hopefully one day I'll be able to take the road trip of my dreams and confirm my visions of southern California, but for now I'm stuck with living vicariously through friends and fellow bloggers I suppose. 

XOXOO, Laurel

Outfit 1: Dress: F21 

Outfit 2: Blazer: thrifted | Pants: thrifted | Shoes: Ebay | Bandana choker: thrifted

Outfit 3: Button-down: thrifted (altered) | Skirt: thrifted | Shoes: model's 

Outfit 4: Overalls: thrifted















Mitchell worked his typical photo magic as seen by the dreamy black and white hues and soft, romantic use of light. Definitely have a thing for this entire set. Here a few of the final shots from the shoot:                     












3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this shoot darling! it looks SO professional and absolutely gorgeous. This is Vogue magazine worthy. you're super talented. xoxo

    cortne
    www.werenotexclusive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are always so kind! It means a lot to be compared to literal goals haha, so thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree. You have the talent and ability and hit the mark well. It is professional with art in view. Does remind me of the top models we have seen so, congratulations on doing such excellent work.

    ReplyDelete