Jun 10, 2015

T H E - B O Y - S H O R T


Similar to a recent outfit I posted a couple days ago, I wanted to experiment with mixing sporty and classic pieces together to create a chic and easy look I could wear out at night (perfect for Texas summers) or just to grab dinner with my gals. Longer-length shorts are a nice change in comparison to the usual summer "short-shorts". I often find that when I wear cheek length shorts out, I'm constantly pulling and tugging at them to stay put and I end up wasting a lot of the night feeling uncomfortable and self-conscious. Not there's anything wrong with tiny-shorts (no boys, we're not asking for it). If you feel beautiful and confident, then by all means, flaunt those bad boys. It is however, equally liberating to feel sexy and sophisticated in a pair of shorts that reach almost below the knee, a characteristic most would deem 'masculine' or 'boyish'. This outfit can easily be dressed-down by swapping the mules for a pair of sneakers or sandals, or dressed-up with addition of a blazer or bomber. Time to add 'the boy short' as a new summer essential.

XOXOO, Laurel

Shorts: Thrifted | Nike Sports Bra: Thrifted | Backpack: F21 | Mules: Target

Photos by Mitchell Flores 




No comments:

Post a Comment